"Anything that’s fixed and unresponsive isn’t web design anymore, it’s something else. If you don’t embrace the inherent fluidity of the web, you’re not a web designer, you’re something else. Web design is responsive design, Responsive Web Design is web design, done right."
Design principles answer => “how”
Design goals answer => “why”
Design patterns define => “what”
- Everything we do is political. Everything created by human beings inevitably carries the biases and philosophies of the people that created it. This is true with software as well.
- The Web does not have strict top-down rules. Instead it is a bottom-up effort that runs the Web.
- Goals lead down to principles. Principles lead down to patterns.
- Pareto Principle = Design for the 80%. Instead of solving everything, aim for the bigger group (messier, larger) vs. structured, complete.
- The Web is about sharing information and connecting people regardless of capabilities of their devices.
Eso mismo pienso:
“It’s an amazing time to do Web design”
Un gran post sobre la historia del diseño de la información.